Genquip Power Products has been supplying generators, water pumps and stationary motors to the Australian agricultural and building industry for over 8 years.
Since the start of the business I have been responsible for the development of the Genquip brand and managing the production of all advertising, product photography, and the development, hosting and support of the Genquip online store.
Site requirements and features were discussed with Paul Johnson (managing director) and included :
• Extensive product information on 37 products.
• Products grouped into 12 categories.
• SEO for each product and the product key features.
• Online purchasing using an Australian payment gateway.
• Map of Genquip Dealers, calculating distance from a given address.
• Stock control.
• Variable delivery options.
• Downloadable specification sheets.
• Updates and product modifications by staff.
• Video promotional footage and demostrations of products.
Once the sitemap and wireframes were approved by Genquip I provided several build options with quotations. Utilising numerous existing shopping cart software and modifying this code, I provided an estimate that achieved the requirements.
A small photographic area was setup in the Genquip Warehouse making all product photography easy. I sourced an overseas provider to create quality clipping paths with a shared FTP account. This process was extremely fast and efficent to turn around new product photos.
The shopping cart software modifications were managed by myself by contracting the developers of the original code to make the modifications. I read through the code and identified which database fields and php scripts needed attention. With such clear and defined instructions, this method saved much time and money whilst achieving a great result for the Genquip website.